Monday, March 23, 2009

News - Monday, March 23, 2009

"They're Rollover minutes! They're perfectly good!!! I WILL MURDER YOU FOR TOUCHING THEM!"

- I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks a lot about the "rollover minutes" house mom. She disturbs me.

- The newspaper industry has kind of gone full circle with posting things on the web, as many places are now only printing partial articles and saving the good stuff for the paper. It has probably come about as publications realize 1) Internet advertising will never be as lucrative as print advertising and 2) the continuing cuts of state / metro newspapers (The Providence Journal, the problems in Denver and Seattle) mean there is not as much pressure on weekly publications to release stories immediately. I kind of agree with this rationale now; there isn't much point to putting out articles that will force the circulation of your publication down when there is no legitimate competitor in the region.

p.s. The comments section is also a vivid example of why the web is not exactly the panacea for intelligent discourse.

- The other day I was commenting about how hot Nikki Cox was. The key word is "was"; I have no idea what happens, but she looks like a Neanderthal now. I blame Jay Mohr, who ruins everything he touches. Apparently mediocre comics possess this evil power. Because of this, I'm very nervous about the news that Jennifer Love Hewitt is dating Jamie Kennedy. You better not fuck that (left) up, Kennedy.

- And finally, because I like bizarre animal news, here is a New York Times piece about animal evolution and sexual selection. Chick chick a bow wow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try not to be too much of an ass, unless completely necessary. You are subject to tyrannical moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails