This week in Your Parents Basement, it’s the 25th anniversary of the sole early good game in a video game series based on a TV series! From 1991, it’s The Simpsons arcade game by Konami! We also play some of the low lights of the video games – Bart vs. The Space Mutants, Bart’s House of Weirdness and Bart’s Nightmare.
You can manually download this week’s cromulent podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Send us a message on the ole Twitter or Facebook, or, shoot that mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 0:00 – Intro, which features one of the best TV theme songs in vidya game music glory.
- 43:30 – Emails! We talk Christmas gifts and other important things.
- 1:04:00 – Snifferoo. We’re covering TWO games for next week’s show! One involves the Zapper. Pew pew pew!
- According to Price Charting, pretty much all of the games based on The Simpsons are between $5 and $20 for just the carts or discs. As we say on the show, most of them aren’t worth owning, except for Hit and Run, Road Rage and The Simpsons Game.
- The list of video games based on The Simpsons is really long. As is the list of video games on The Simpsons.
- Do you like luxury? What about a Jaguar?