This week in Your Parents Basement, we are zipping through the galaxy a long, long time ago, blasting down ships! From 1998, we’re playing Rogue Squadron by Factor 5 and LucasArts for the Nintendo 64 and PC.
You can manually download this week’s IT’S A TRAP podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Send us a message on the ole Twitter or Facebook, or, shoot that mail to email@example.com.
- 0:00 – Intro, which has the John Williams-esque opening theme from Rogue Squadron.
- 28:15 – We move right along and then past Comments, Concerns and Questions!
- 29:15 – Emails! Why don’t we like them Sega games? And it’s Jimmy Blizzards!
- 48:30 – It’s everyone’s favorite segment, even more than the actual show most times! It’s time to… Ask the Sweet Boys.
- 53:30 – Snifferoo. Ho ho ho! We cover one of the best Christmas games ever! (NOTE: Strong language!)
- According to Price Charting, Rogue Squadron is pretty affordable. It’s about $7 for the loose cart, or $14 if you want the box and manual as well. It hasn’t been re-released in another format, so that N64 cart is your best bet if you can’t find the PC version nowadays.
- By the way, a little movie called Rogue One is coming out soon. That’s kind of why we played this one.