Monday, June 9, 2014

Inexplicable Book Review: Love Is A Mix Tape



If you would like to read a good book about music and falling in love, and the combination of the two, then Love Is A Mix Tape is a wonderful read. It’s non-fiction, and by the end of the first chapter, well, you know that Rob Sheffield’s wife Renee dies of a pulmonary embolism. However, it’s a book that’s much more about that whole journey of falling in love, via music, as opposed to obsessing over the death and the aftermath. 

Like a lot of things I really enjoyed reading, it's hard for me to accurately get across how much I liked it; I almost feel silly trying, in fact. So just go read it, it's good.

I was hoping that the Internet would provide a list of every song in Love Is A Mix Tape, but apparently that’s a bridge too far in terms of obsessiveness. The best I could find was this old Google cache partial list, kind of. I kept the book for an extra week though, just so I could pick and choose songs from Sheffield’s various lists. He has much better taste than I do, but then again, most do. I’ve always been more of a music vagabond – I like it lots, but it’s never been something I’ve defined my life by. Sheffield clearly does, so it’s an interesting read from that perspective as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try not to be too much of an ass, unless completely necessary. You are subject to tyrannical moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails