This week in Your Parents Basement, we are transforming into a rowe-butt and trying to conquer labyrinths! From 1989, we’re playing The Guardian Legend by Compile for the NES. And, tune it at the end for a shocking development that will shake YPB to its core!
You can manually download this week’s drama-filled podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Send us a message on the ole Twitter or Facebook, or, shoot that mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 0:00 – Intro, which is the title theme from the game. Check out this YouTube playlist for all of the game’s nifty music!
- 37:00 – Emails! We get to them earlier this week, because we care about you, the listener.
- 51:00 – It’s not a Snifferoo! But Huell and Steve have decided that the show must go on, and there will indeed be a show for May 16.
- According to Price Charting, The Guardian Legend is still reasonably priced, despite its cult status. Loose carts go for about $13, with the box and manual swelling the price to $36.99.
- Funding Universe has a really good write-up on the rise and fall of Broderbund Software, which Steve only gets into briefly toward the end of the episode.