This week in Your Parents Basement, we are indulging in product placement to the highest degree! From 1993, we’re playing Cool Spot by Virgin Games for the SNES mostly, and the Genesis.
You can manually download this week’s soda-riffic podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Send us a message on the ole Twitter or Facebook, or, shoot that mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 0:00 – Intro, which is a 7-Up commercial that is a little better with some visuals.
- 37:45 – Emails! It’s all about accomplishment and women’s equality this week.
- 55:30 – Snifferoo. Annie are you okay, are you okay, are you okay Annie?
- According to Price Charting, Cool Spot has actually retained its value fairly well, ranging from $6 to $10 for the cart, depending on the platform. Not great, but not horrible for a product placement game.
- Register for the NOW 50th anniversary celebration here!
- Steve’s PSN Profile is here, in case you want to see how bad he is at PS3 games.