Saturday, January 16, 2010

At The Commercials: Yogurt-slurping blonde hottie



Another quick commercial entry, since my previous post today was a pretty big Tag Team on the NFL playoffs and television shows.

But anyway, I enjoy this commercial every time it comes on. First off, yogurt is delicious. Every couple of months, I go on a big yogurt kick, and eat tons of it, but then I inexplicably forget to eat some for a while. After watching this commercial, I shall remember to eat yogurt for a couple more weeks.

And second, the blonde in the commercial is unbelievably cute. To insert even more numbers, one, she is physically cute, and two, I like her facial expression after she is done eating the yogurt. It makes me go, "Awww. Isn't she adorable?"

However, when I was looking around online for this clip, imagine by surprise when I found out that it is hated by many. Apparently, they equate the slurping noise she makes with oral sex, which makes me wonder what kind of oral sex the commentators are having. I don't consider that noise equivalent with finishing off the last of a Pepsi with a straw, which the commentators on that story do.

Also, the woman being attractive and marketing a diet product is an issue. Because, you know, if you're a company, it makes sense to have someone overweight pitching a diet product. I know that when I'm evaluating a diet yogurt, I'd really like to see someone 300 pounds asking me to buy it.

If you're curious - and I know you are - I was inspired to write about this now because some new, follow-up commercials with Heidi Klum have come out. You can watch them here, although I strangely don't find her as appealing as the nameless blonde girl from the first commercial. I'm not sure why, but Klum looks more normal than hot in her commercial.

2 comments:

  1. What is it about yogurt that is so controversial? Everytime I've been with my dad and this commercial:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdRLYqP7ZoM

    comes on, he always complains about it. The wife is so rude...and why isn't the husband allowed to look through the fridge?? lol

    (This comment is from Sarah Kundel..it won't let me sign in)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Sarah, I almost cited that commercial too! While I do find the wife rude, I just figure they have a playful relationship. Also, that mom is a total milf. And also also, I like the most recent, vicious comment from someone on YouTube about that video:

    "Babe What are you doing" she said  "I'm getting a beer you stupid cunt! why are you always talking on the phone to those stupid sperm receptor friends of yours and not doing any fucking house work?" he replied right before he launched a key lime pie yogurt at her head

    ReplyDelete

Try not to be too much of an ass, unless completely necessary. You are subject to tyrannical moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails