This week in Your Parents Basement, we are playing as the legendary, all-powerful and awe-inspiring magician… Brian. From 1998, we’re playing Quest 64 by Imagineer for the Nintendo 64.
You can manually download this week’s boringly generic podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Send us a message on the ole Twitter or Facebook, or, shoot that mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 0:00 – Intro, which is the title theme for Quest 64, although it sounds more like The Nightly News with Peter Jennings.
- 43:00 – During the emails, we get a new segment: Ask the Sweet Boys! And, the rest of the emails! Guess what, we’re playing Pokemon Go like the rest of the world!
- 58:45 – Snifferoo. A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, the opposite of next week’s game series was taking place.
- According to Price Charting, Quest 64 is pretty cheap now. Loose carts go for $8.72, and the manual and box ups the price to $29.49. The only thing cheaper on the system are a slew of sports games.
- Quest 64 is “new” enough that a review of it from 1998 still exists on Gamespot.
- TV Tropes writers had quite a bit of fun dissecting Quest 64.