This week in Your Parents Basement, we are slaying a variety of monsters in our underwear! From 1985 to 1991, we’re playing the games of the Ghosts ‘n Goblins series by Capcom for the Arcade, SNES, Genesis and NES! We are joined by special guest, superfan and father of the show’s sweetest baby boy listener, Hawk!
You can manually download this week’s spooktastic podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Send us a message on the ole Twitter or Facebook, or, shoot that mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 0:00 – Intro, which features the creepy music from the prologue to the SNES version.
- 36:00 – Emails! Julian Assange writes in, and so does Harry Carey!
- 56:30 – It’s everybody’s favorite… Ask The Sweet Boys!
- 1:01:00 – Snifferoo. Next week, we’re whipping about the waves with a Nintendo 64 game.
- According to Price Charting, prices have held up pretty well for the series. The loose cart price can range from $13.50 (NES) to $22 (SNES, Genesis) to $80 (Master System), and the box and manual shoots the price up to a range of $41 to $132.
- Ghosts ‘n Goblins is one of the prepackaged 30 games coming out in the sweet baby boy NES Classic Edition. It’s scheduled to be released in November.
- Here is a ridiculous speedrun of the game, done in 21 minutes with no deaths.
- Hawk Man 5000 previously guested for Mega Man 2, which you can listen to here!