Thursday, April 8, 2010

At The Commercials: Oh, Tiger... you creepy mofo.


I find the new Nike commercial for Tiger Woods... creepy. And that is without considering that the voiceover is by Earl Woods, the late (as in dead!) father of Tiger. Eech. He has been gone for a while, so you know the statements are just spliced together from something else - like what Earl thought about Tiger's game on the 17th green - as opposed to being about Tiger's tiger.

And second, given what a sleazy individual Tiger apparently is, it is weird to see him filmed in this sort of confessional style ad. He looks like he's about to cry throughout, and I feel uncomfortable feeling and seeing sympathy for Tiger.

However, for the Masters, I do hope that Tiger wins by about 20 strokes, because it would cause the sports columnist Armageddon of righteous indignation. I'm classy like that.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the commercial. It's powerful. Tiger fucked up. Like we all do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a note, for some reason, Eyebleaf's comment wouldn't post until I tried it again right now - sorry dude.

    And I would feel more sincere about Tiger's effort if it hadn't come in a commercial for Nike. I'm not sure the best way to show sincerity is to let the company that pays you for endorsements use your dead father's audio to reestablish your image.

    ReplyDelete

Try not to be too much of an ass, unless completely necessary. You are subject to tyrannical moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails