This week in Your Parents Basement, we are sidestepping left and right to avoid heavyweight champion punches! From 1987, we’re playing Mike Tyson’s Punch-out!! by Nintendo for the NES.
You can manually download this week’s ethnically-diverse podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Send us a message on the ole Twitter or Facebook, or, shoot that mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 0:00 – Intro, which is the nifty opening theme and main music from the game.
- 52:00 – Emails! Trump supporters, what about board games? What about asks?
- 1:08:00 – Ask the Sweet Boys! It’s litrully sweeping the nation! But not literally!
- 1:16:00 – It’s a Huell pick for next week!
- According to Price Charting, Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out!! is pretty valuable, ranging from $26 for the loose cart to $96.55 for the box and cart. The non-Tyson version goes for $13, SNES about $25, and the Wii version is $11.50.
- The original has great music, but as Brisket points out, so does the Wii version! Listen to the full soundtrack here.
- From ESPN.com, an opinion piece on the popularity of the game, by Patrick Sauer.
- Joey Batz gets into the history of the series on his blog here.