Saturday, February 13, 2010

At The Commercials: Google just crushes it



Since I seem to be on a kick with somewhat-mushy posts, given my focus in the past couple days on romantic comedies and personal drama, it only makes sense to focus on a commercial that does emotion effectively.

Google is well-known for essentially being the crack of Internet search engines, with examples ranging from Carly Googles to how no one I know uses Bing to the fact that the site's name essentially serves as a verb now. Well, the commercial world should also watch out, as their Super Bowl spot (featured above) was so diabolically simple and effective.

I caught it a day after the fact on The TV Ad Guru, a neat site that I follow. I agree completely with him - The ad is devastatingly effective because of how simple it is. While I can question the need for the commercial, given Google's seemingly unassailable market position as the top dog search engine, a quality effort like this certainly doesn't hurt matters at all.

3 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more. I gave Google the highest marks of all Super Bowl commercials. I don't care if it makes me a little bit of a woman, I thought it was a SPECTACULAR ad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and the Google thing you posted is a little too large for your blog, just an FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Craig! Yeah, some YouTube videos do that, but I don't really know how to fix it without tinkering too much.

    ReplyDelete

Try not to be too much of an ass, unless completely necessary. You are subject to tyrannical moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails