Sunday, February 7, 2010

Pickin' Pigskin with Kristin and Bob and Steve: The Super Bowl

I don't know why, but Blogger didn't post this properly last night. Posting it now and backdating it...

-----

Kristin says: Hey boys,

I'm not sure what the line is for the Superbowl - I just know that the Colts are favored. The Colts have the experience and talent lined up to win obviously, and I was even more convinced that they would win after seeing a joint interview between P. Manning and the Saints QB.

Mr. Saints looked tiny, wimpy, and his hair was disheveled compared to the taller, more muscular, polished and confident P. Manning. So while I know Mr. Saints had a great season - I just don't see him having a real shot. Despite all this, what fun is eating a massive pile of food, smashing onto the couch with your brothers, and watching a team you hate win the Super Bowl? Therefore, I'm picking the Saints so I can yell and cheer in peace. Plus, NO fans are way more fun!

So there's my final pick of the season - GO SAINTS!!!

Thanks for letting me play along - I'm pretty pleased that I was able to hold my own with the big boys.

Love,
Kristin

-----

Bob says: Indianapolis -5, and I'll hate every minute of it.

-----

Steve says: I think it'll be a close game, maybe 10-6 at the half, until the Saints break it open toward the end of the fourth quarter. An onside kick could definitely be in play, as a sort of a surprise gambit, and Manning will throw a pick-six to put the game out of reach for the Colts. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if Brees had a pretty good game, and was kind of the Super Bowl MVP by default.

Note: One of these predictions might have been after the fact... Thanks to Bob and Kristin for picking games throughout the season! The awards ceremony will take place next week, as I reveal who the season's big winner is, and hand out some other trinkets.

The picture at the top comes from a Super Bowl cheerleader showdown at this site. Brees holding the Lombardi Trophy comes from this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try not to be too much of an ass, unless completely necessary. You are subject to tyrannical moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails