Saturday, February 20, 2010

Steve's Kinda Cool Music List

I have a pretty busy day today - At 1:30 (i.e. five hours before you read this), I'm having lunch with my uncle from Maine, then we're watching the Rams play at 4. I'm also the beat reporter for my newspaper for the game, so following the game I'm attending the press conference and typing my story, followed by (possibly) going out with a couple of the local reporters.

So, in light of all that, I apologize in advance for this sort of "cop out" entry. I will try to double up tomorrow with the television coverage, if I can. But, building on the cheesiness of yesterday, here is the list of kinda cool music that I listen to on iTunes when I'm typing something. The name of the list is... Steve's Kinda Cool Music List. Like duh.

The All-American Rejects - Gives You Hell
Ben Folds - Adelaide
Bowling for Soup - 1985
The Clash - Safe European Home
The Kooks - Naive
Metric - Help I'm Alive
Rise Against - Savior
Spoon - The Underdog
Taking Back Sunday - Sink Into Me
The Ting Tings - That's Not My Name
Vampire Weekend - Cousins
Vampire Weekend - A-Punk
The Wombats - Let's Dance To Joy Division
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Zero
Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue

I also gradually fold songs in and out of this play list, depending on my mood and how much I've listened to a song. For example, Yellowcard has been in and out of this playlist, and two summers ago "Dawn of the Dead" by Does It Offend You Yeah? and "Wild International" by One Day As A Lion and "Maps" by The Yeah Yeah Yeahs were on the list instead.

The picture is from CD I've never heard, but I liked the little caption. If you speak Russian (?), you can buy it from this site, I think.

2 comments:

  1. Steve you have terrible taste in music and the Rams game sucked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how dare you :( URI won by like 26 and went on a 19-2 run to start the game! It's pretty hard to beat a team more definitely than that.

    ReplyDelete

Try not to be too much of an ass, unless completely necessary. You are subject to tyrannical moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails