Tuesday, November 24, 2009

At The Commercials: Christmas means horrible commercials



I could honestly go the rest of my life without seeing another horrible commercial for jewelry, such as the above one for Kay. It actually took me a while to get the double meaning of their advertising slogan - every kiss begins with K(ay) - because I was always too focused on trying to frantically change the channel when their commercial came on.

This commercial, along with another one here, is so unbelievably shmaltzy in its appeal. Listen, I'm a passionate, passionate guy, but even I don't like clearly manipulative and simple cheese like this. For similar reasons, I find the animal abuse commercials with Sarah McGlaflin manipulative.

The only jewelry commercials worse than Kay's are for the ones for Jared. These are so destructive to the mind that 1) there are about 500 spoofs of them on YouTube and 2) you can't find the actual commercials on YouTube. Marriages are emotional enough - Why do we need these over the top cryfest commercials as well? boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try not to be too much of an ass, unless completely necessary. You are subject to tyrannical moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails