Sunday, November 8, 2009

Pickin' Pigskin with Kristin: Week 9


JACKSONVILLE over Kansas City (6.5)


Kristin: Jacksonville

After my miserable performance last week, I have decided that I am putting too much thought into my picks, and I was doing much better when I followed my heart instead of my head. In keeping with that, I think that the Jacksonville uniforms are superior to those of Kansas City, the blue/black combo is much more sleek and modern.

Baltimore over CINCINATTI (3)

Kristin: Cincinnati

Now, while I discussed previously my affection for Ochocinco, I left out the best part. I really really want a pet bulldog and we have a running joke about naming him Ocho (and having a second dog Cinco to make 58, Jonathon Papelbon's number). However, as you can see it would also make Ochocinco as well, and this is what I always think of when we watch the Bengals. That and how orange is a very ugly color for uniforms. Only my BF Nick Markakis can really pull it off. Anyway, there is one particular bulldog that has been making the rounds on various TV commercials, the latest of which features him wearing reindeer antlers and panting happily with his family. Happy TV bulldog = happy Ocho = happy Ochocinco = Bengals win.

INDIANAPOLIS over Houston (9)

Kristin: Indy

I really wish that Peyton Manning did not play for the Colts. If he didn't, I wouldn't have to hate him and I could laugh at some of his cute TV commercials. Also, I am waiting with bated breath for Peyton Sawyer to return to episodes of One Tree Hill. However, I could never name a child after Peyton Sawyer without the problem of Peyton Manning. However, if Peyton Manning didn't play for the Colts and wasn't long blessed with an exceptional receiver core, he wouldn't be part of the unstoppable force you are basically foolish to pick against.

ATLANTA over Washington (10)

Kristin: Atlanta

In an effort to claw back to the top of the pick standings, I am not picking Washington this week. Hopefully, this is work as some sort of jinx and cause them to actually play well.

Green Bay over TAMPA BAY (9.5)

Kristin: Green Bay

Seeing this match up really makes me smile, Bay on Bay action. I think we all know who the better Bay is for football, and it's not the better Bay for almost everything else—like going to visit Mickey Mouse.

CHICAGO over Arizona (3)

Kristin: Chicago

OMG has it gotten COLD out. When I left for the hospital yesterday morning at 5:30 a.m., I was wearing my winter coat and scarf, and I was wishing I had some cute mittens. (Or maybe velvet gloves, that would be hot.) I believe firmly in picking cold weather teams at home against warm weather teams in the second half of the season.

NEW ENGLAND over Miami (10.5)

Kristin: New England

Last week was a nice break from caring much about football (as evidenced by my picks being from out in left field). Now its back to stress city. Miami ALWAYS plays us hard, but I firmly believe that we have the stronger team, as if we are playing from a moral higher ground by relying on faith and willpower instead of trickery and flash.

NEW ORLEANS over Carolina (13)

Kristin: New Orleans

I continue to heart the Saints this season, and this is also the place I would much rather like to visit.

SEATTLE over Detroit (10)

Kristin: Seattle

I'm over you Detroit. I no longer feel like rooting for you as the underdog. We're done.

SAN FRANCISCO over Tennessee (4)

Kristin: San Fran

I'm almost over you as well San Fran. Get your act together or no more underdog love from me. Tennessee, you get no love period.

NY GIANTS over San Diego (5)

Kristin: Giants

I think the Giant want to lure me into not picking them so that then they return to knowing how to win games, and I feel tricked and betrayed. I'm not falling for it.

PHILADELPHIA over Dallas (3)

Kristin: Philadelphia

I think Philly is doing the same thing, tricking me into thinking they are good when that team is very faulted at heart. However, I'm going along with it for now because Dallas is my enemy.

Pittsburgh over DENVER (3)

Kristin: Denver

Denver is at home, and I think Denver wants it more.

The heart graphic is from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try not to be too much of an ass, unless completely necessary. You are subject to tyrannical moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails