Sunday, November 8, 2009

Super crazy women's soccer highlight



I think most people have seen the above soccer fight, but if you haven't, then please allow me to bring it to your attention. Just take a minute to drink it all in...

Okay. The nuttiest part is definitely when Lambert yanks down on her ponytail so powerfully that her body is snapped into the ground. That's just utterly ridiculous, like something you would see in exaggerated professional wrestling. It must have been a combination of 1) Lambert being surprisingly strong and 2) the other girl being completely unaware of what was coming.

My sister used to play soccer, and I remember things getting vicious in those games as well. I mean, not this vicious, but my sister was also playing rec soccer, not even high school. It seems like every crazy international sports story also revolves around soccer crowds or hooligans. There is something about the game that seemingly brings out the worst in everyone involved.

Once upon a time, I played on an indoor soccer team. It was my senior year of high school, and since I had never played before and was kind of out-of-shape, I wasn't anything special. But I could play a credible defensive back, because the rules about contact were fairly relaxed for the game. I can see why tempers flare in soccer, because I was a fairly chippy and cheap player, and when so much hinges on a single goal, I imagine you have more explosive outbursts than in something like basketball.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try not to be too much of an ass, unless completely necessary. You are subject to tyrannical moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails