Sunday, December 27, 2009

On growing a beard and more later

So, this isn't tonight's actual entry. But, I did want to put a placeholder in to say that it would be on karma and statistics, as ambiguous as that sounds.

The title of this entry refers to my beard right now, which is getting to ridiculous thickness, at least for my taste. We're talking about "Jack Shepard in Lost levels", which is cooler than it sounds, since I otherwise do not look like Jack Shepard. (Still, I must admit a certain pang of admiration for supporting similar muttonchops. However, I do zealously shave my mustache still; that is the only part that comes in blonde, as opposed to reddish, and I think it looks stupid.)

I'm not sure why I haven't shaved - I'm guessing laziness, since, although I don't like feeling it on my face, it does take a good 10 to 20 minutes to do a good shave with my electric, and I just keep on putting it off. Also, I feel like this particular beard has grown in fast. The last timed I shaved was two, maybe three weeks ago, and I already have it all grown in. I look a bit like a young Santa Claus, except not nearly girth-y enough. (Maybe next year, ladies.)

The photo of Jack comes from this newspaper / blog.

6 comments:

  1. Think about how much time we waste shaving. It boggles the mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True! And I do think I look decent with a beard. It just gets so itchy and scratchy for me. The cleanup is the worst part; shaving with an electric can be pretty messy, so I normally do it in the shower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This past summer, I did not shave for 13 days -- And I looked pretty much the same as when I started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beards have always been kind of "meh" to me, but you are one of a few that I thought could pull it off. And I'm a big fan of being lazy, so kudos for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simon, yeah, my friend Mike is the same way. I'm secretly a bit envious. I've had to shave since 8th or 9th grade, but it has seemingly gotten worse since 20, for some reason. I have no clue why.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Sara! I think I did shave more regularly when we went out, though; I normally do, just because otherwise the other person gets super razor burn. Laziness does rule, though.

    ReplyDelete

Try not to be too much of an ass, unless completely necessary. You are subject to tyrannical moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails