Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The duplicitous actors


Above, you see Amy Ryan from The Office. She plays the love interest of Michael Scott, and over the past couple years, she's been the best of all of his dates. You know, the sort of wacky, insane female match to his utterly insane character. However, in addition to playing Michael Scott's love interest on The Office, she also plays a harbor patrol cop in The Wire:


It reminds me of another actor, Omar Gooding. He first came up as a super colorful host of Wild and Crazy Kids:


And he progressed from that and roles on Hangin' With Mr. Cooper to being a drug-snorting nephew of Snoop Dog on the ultra-inappropriate ESPN show Playmakers:


Anyone else have some celebrity acting doppelgangers they like?

The first picture of Amy Ryan is from this site. The second picture is from here.

10 comments:

  1. This is awesome on another level. The other day I was trying to describe Wild and Crazy Kids to a friend and couldn't remember what it was called.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TS, I loved Wild and Crazy Kids. It was one of the first shows I saw on Nickelodeon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh. I just noticed this. Jane Lynch is Coach Sue Sylvester on Glee. She also occasionally guest stars on Two and a Half Men as Charlie's therapist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alison, I heart Jane Lynch - She is so wicked as the Cheeriho's coach. I haven't seen Two and a Half Men though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh Wild and Crazy Kids, that brings me back. That show was awesome when I watched it.

    Omar Gooding was also in the movie Baby Boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hm, haven't seen Baby Boy. Any good?

    ReplyDelete
  7. she definitely was the best of all his dates. I saw her on the Wire first and loved her character- that season was my favorite. Of course, we just started season ... I think we're on four... whichever one with Hamsterdam.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pretty sure Hamsterdam is season three - I'm racing my way through the seasons, and I'm about halfway through season four right now. The major from season three is definitely an interesting character. I thought seasons one and three were perfect 10s, but season two takes a bit to get going.

    And I don't think we've seen the last of Holly. I think Michael quits Saber to be with her, since it's already been announced that this is Carrell's last season on The Office.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I will go with Dennis Haysbert, I grew up knowing him as the fun loving Pedro Cerrano from the Major League trilogy, yes he was even in the dreaded third film. "Pedro wants to bat!"

    Then just a few years after the final Major League film, Dennis reemerges as President David Palmer on 24. That was quite the change in role I was to from him. But in my opinion he was probably the best president on 24, just edging out Logan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Gruel - Haysbert, that's a great pick! Pedro Cerrano is about as far as you can get from the freakin' President of the United States, after all. He is also a pitchman for an insurance company, which also is odd to me. I keep expecting him to break out the Cerrano accent.

    ReplyDelete

Try not to be too much of an ass, unless completely necessary. You are subject to tyrannical moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails