Saturday, July 31, 2010

Steve hates moving, edition 10.

I hate moving.

While the new place is always something I've looked forward to, it doesn't change the fact that the actual process to moving is always a horrible, horrible thing. Every time I'm about to move, I promise myself that this time, it'll be different and easier, but this is seldom the case.

I was actually semi-good for me this time. We got permission to move into our new place on Wednesday, a couple days earlier than what I thought, which was Saturday. So, I moved a couple boxes over Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

However, despite this early progress, I'm still left with a whole bunch of crap. Sigh. At least it is a bearable 77 degrees, as opposed to my past couple of moves, which were in 90-degree heat. (Note: That type of stupid coincidence takes more than dumb luck. Rhode Island doesn't get 90-degree heat EVERY summer, yet the last three moves I had done, it was that hot each day. I have a talent for planning important things on bad days.)

Anyway, I think I have two trips left, and then I'll be completely moved out. Wish me well, folks!

The picture is from this site that tries to hook up geeks with women. Oh sweet irony!

12 comments:

  1. That picture is so true, isn't it? Good luck! Hope you enjoy the new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Steve! Moving has been the bane of my existence and a process I am all too familiar with. However, once you get through all of the slog it is usually well worth it. Here's to you enjoying your new digs!!

    www.rantersbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. About half of my move in/move outs when I lived in the dorms at school took place while raining. now THAT'S fun.
    I am never leaving my apartment because I dread moving because my parents said they were done helping me move ever again. eek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helping friends move is single-handedly the worst thing about friendship, haha.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eesh, I hate moving. I feel for ya'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Sadako and TS, thanks so much for the well-wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Danielle, aw, I'd help you move! You know, assuming you let me play with Butters. Cats are high on my "friends" list right now. Becca's cat is currently climbing my chair right now; she likes it quite a bit. She's trying to attack the oscillating fan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Jen - The weird thing is that I've only had to help out one friend so far, and that was my buddy Rich, who is in his 40s. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best of luck with the move , I hope all goes well for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Get a Uhaul, makes the move so much easier! I am a pro at driving those things now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Nippy - Thanks!

    @ Gruel - My roommate used a U-Haul, but my parents have a truck, so they helped me out instead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Moving does suck. I moved from Backbay to Cambridge (with a studio mind you so I shouldn't have much stuff). It took like 18 flipping hours. I hate all the crap that lives in drawers.

    ReplyDelete

Try not to be too much of an ass, unless completely necessary. You are subject to tyrannical moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails