Thursday, April 16, 2009

R-r-r-random!

- Almost no one has seen the "second" Anchorman movie, Wake Up Ron Burgundy, which is cobbled together from unused footage to create an entirely new movie. It really is fantastic, and certain parts of it, like the bank robbery scene, are as good as the best scenes in the original movie. Click here to see another great scene, when Champ confesses his true feelings for Ron.

The whole movie is split into various parts on YouTube, and also available on pretty much every major pirate movie tracker. I would encourage you to buy it instead, but Will Ferrell doesn't need any more money, and I have no idea what DVD it is actually on.

- Keeping up with my trend of kind-of writing about music, lately I've been into Pavement. Yeah, this isn't 1993, so what? "Cut Your Hair" is in heavy rotation. Maybe because I need to shave. My facial hair is getting very itchy.

Other songs near the top of my iTunes playlist, meaning I've added them recently: "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots" by the Flaming Lips. "It's Hella Good Without Me" by Eminem vs. No Doubt. "How Far We've Come" by Matchbox Twenty. "Use Your Love" by Katy Perry. "Don't Want To Hurt You" by the Sounds. "All These Things I've Done" by the Killers. "Life on Mars" and "Sound and Vision" by David Bowie.

I have ridiculously bad taste at times.

- When I type entries like this, I feel like Larry King.

- I sent out two job applications today. Scanning copies of my old newspaper clippings was a much harder chore than I imagined, and it makes me want to quit newspaperin' for the simple pleasure of never having to do it again. My hands still smell like shitty newsprint, even though I've washed them like three times.

- "Girls Are Fucking Evil" by the Ataris just popped up on my iTunes. I didn't even know I had *this* emo of a song on there, I swear. Luckily, I skipped ahead to the next song, and it's "I Wish" by Skeelo. Now there is a song a white guy can properly appreciate.

- Spellcheck is telling me I didn't typo at all. Score.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try not to be too much of an ass, unless completely necessary. You are subject to tyrannical moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails