Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Let’s talk about Glee – Part 1

So, after catching Tuesday night’s episode of Glee this morning, I have some thoughts. And seeing as how my Glee posts are always my most popular, I thought I’d share them. If you don’t like it, well, go spit.

(By the way, pictures for this entry will come later, since I’m away from my desktop laptop computer, and typing this on my work one. For the record, I’m a huge, huge fan of the non-Cheerios look for Quinn, Brittney and Santana.)

- I’m now officially sick of any romance angle involving Finn, Quinn, Sam or Rachel. Seriously, I hope they all end up alone and crying. All of the possible combinations of these characters just bore me to tears. We’ve had so many “will they won’t they?” moments between them that nothing they air now can possibly live up to all the false starts.

Although people knock Jim and Pam from The Office for getting boring once they actually ended up together, I think it needed to happen from a narrative standpoint. Otherwise, you get what Glee is getting – Something lacking in interest because it has been teased to death.

- Brittney remains my favorite character. It’s not even close at this point. I’m not sure how they do it, but she remains fresh and surprising from episode to episode. I especially liked how she turned the arm-warmers into a fashion thing. Way to go, gurl.

I’m also a big fan of Santana. She is so evil that she is interesting. And easy on the eyes! That certainly doesn’t hurt either. Like they did with the Brittney-Brittney Spears episode, I imagine they’ll have to do an entire plot on her background at some point, which would be awesome.

- Sue’s character has gone from one of my favorites to just one of the ensemble cast. I’m not sure why they felt the need to essentially strip the character of its power; getting the Cheerios budget slashed should have been a season finale thing, not something in the middle of a season. It would have setup season three pretty well. (The interview with “Diane Sawyer” was pretty god damn hilarious though.)

Anyway, for this entire season, she has essentially been the Wile E. Coyote of the cast. Every plan she has goes awry, including the one last night, where Mercedes and Rachel embraced after the “diva” contest. While I didn’t want her plan to succeed, I kind of wish Sue wasn’t in the position of being the spoiler.

Instead of that, why not have her do her own storylines each week? She’s one of the few people in the cast with real acting chops, and I wouldn’t mind seeing more of her relationship with her mom or sister or someone else each week instead of her constantly trying to sabotage the glee club.

… Anyway, that’s all I’ve got for now. Coming Friday: Some plots I’d like to see the show pursue.

8 comments:

  1. Dude, welcome back.

    I'm with you on the love triangle (square?) with Finn, Rachel, Sam, and Quinn. Bor-ing.

    And I'm also not a fan of the Puck/Lauren plot. I mean, what is going on there?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Jen - Thanks! And by the way, great work on the new picture, Red :) You look great!

    The Puck and Lauren thing is confusing, but kind of interesting at least. I didn't really comment on that because I want to see where they go with it, but anything that results in more screen time for Puck is OK in my book. He's fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Danielle - Plz, do not. I think he's the most interesting male character though.

    And besides, Sam as Beiber probably made your YEAR, nevermind day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Danielle - haha, I thought you'd like it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brittney is definitely my favourite too. It's kind of at the point now where she is pretty much the only reason I even watch anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ P - I still like the show enough to hang with it. Heck, I still watch The Office and that show has slid even further than Glee.

    ReplyDelete

Try not to be too much of an ass, unless completely necessary. You are subject to tyrannical moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails