Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Steveats: PACt – Water with a slight hint of cranberry



Debuting a new, semi-regular feature! I tryout questionable food items so that you don’t have to in… Steveats. (Note: Title developed in about 10 seconds of brainstorming.)

SPECIAL NOTE! Today is Amazon Prime Day, when a bunch of stuff is supposed to be on sale. Last year, the event was kind of a bust, but hey, maybe it’ll be different this year! If you’re feeling generous, support Stephen on Stuff by using the Amazon clickthru link for another of Steve’s projects, Your Parents Basement.

It’s a smaller entry today, as for once, I was subjected to a product that wasn’t really that bad at all! PACt is the newest product from Ocean Spray, and it’s basically water with a slight hint of cranberry. You know, kind of like hot ham water from Arrested Development, but good. (Or at least, good for everyone, not just Buster Bluth.) The pictured 16-ounce bottle only had 10 calories, so I’m assuming it’s good for you, or at least, not actively horrible. What is horrible is that spelling though – Just call it Pact, because OdD FormaTTIng IS StuPID.

If you have the SmartPay app from Cumberland Farms, then you probably got a free coupon for it. Well, unless I’m just so god damn special that now I’m being micro-targeted through my apps for odd products. However, while Cumby’s is offering it up for free, I didn’t find it until visiting my third store. It seems to be a bit of a soft rollout for PACt. (Although, they could have been offering this product for years and I wouldn’t have known, since I’m not often looking for flavored water beyond diet soda.)

Tangent – I now have way too many individual store apps, thanks to my smartphone, and I have no idea which gas stations I should be focusing on. It feels like homework to sit down and work out the math, which is why I haven’t done it, so I usually gravitate toward the ones with free products (Cumby’s, Speedway, 7-Eleven) or discounts on gas (Cumby’s and Speedway).

Want to support Steve’s blogging? Then purchase something via the Amazon clickthru link for Your Parents Basement, Steve’s other project! If you have a request for a future Steveats, leave it in the comments on here or on my Facebook. To check out some of the past Steveats, go here!

2 comments:

  1. Ironically enough, I just installed my first local gas station app, and that is because I got a free coffee with it, and there are coupons on other things too. Hopefully it will get better, do you use your gas station apps frequently?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I've been using them like crazy the past month because of the little freebies they give you, yeah. There are two main ones I use - Cumby's and Speedway - since they either directly or indirectly discount the gas. (Cumby's, you get a flat 10 cents off a gallon, Speedway you earn drinks and gift cards that can be used on gas, and they have more locations.)

      Delete

Try not to be too much of an ass, unless completely necessary. You are subject to tyrannical moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails