Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Steveats: Nathan’s hot dog bites (are better than a gas station’s dogs)


Sweet little hot dog bundles of joy...

Debuting a new, semi-regular feature! I tryout questionable food items so that you don’t have to in… Steveats. (Note: Title developed in about 10 seconds of brainstorming.)

A couple weeks or months ago – I can’t remember which – my friend Mary mentioned that she had always been intrigued by those bite-sized hot dogs available at Nathan’s. And if there are certain things I’d pride myself on when it comes to this blog, they would be: 1) Trying all sorts of hot dog dishes and 2) Giving the true fans what they want. In that order, of course.

A skewer helps the taste.
So, finding myself in Eastern Connecticut near the only Nathan’s, seemingly, I dove right into them mini-hot dogs. They were tasty! Just like the regular-sized dogs, which I previously tried and liked. I realize my bar for an edible hot dog is scandalously low, but still – These were better than gas station dogs, because they’re essentially mini-corn dogs. Plus, the little skewer is the perfect size for stabbing them and lowering them into a bath of ketchup and mustard.

Now of course, as with my previous Nathan’s dalliances, the biggest issue was price. It was around $5 or $6 for nine mini-dogs, and they wouldn’t have filled me up without the side of fries I also got. For $6, I can get six gas station hot dogs, or even better, like 24 from the supermarket! Mmm… Hot dogs. I could go for one of them right now… (He thought, as he was only an hour away from gorging himself on a wedding steak dinner.)

Want to support Steve’s blogging? Then purchase something via the Amazon clickthru link for Your Parents Basement, Steve’s other project! If you have a request for a future Steveats, leave it in the comments on here or on my Facebook. To check out some of the past Steveats, go here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try not to be too much of an ass, unless completely necessary. You are subject to tyrannical moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails