Friday, June 19, 2009

Celebrity doppelgangers, part deux

Just a quickie entry for now, since I'm on my way to go mini-golfing with some friends. A full entry will (probably) be up later tonight. Anyway, recently the kids I substitute for have brought up two more "celebrity" doppelgangers for me. Number 1 is...

... Ned Schneebly (Mike White) from School of Rock. This comparison comes mostly from the high school kids - Since the movie came out in 2003, when they were in middle school, I'm guessing almost all of them saw it. Once one kid brings it up, pretty much all of them join in agreement. Seeing as I enjoy School of Rock, I'm not opposed to the comparison, although I'm not sure how I feel about dating Sarah Silverman. She is attractive, but unquestionably a fucking nut. Second recent celebrity comparison is...

... Ron Stoppable from Kim Possible. I've never seen the show, so I have no idea if this is a good thing or not. Damn middle school kids.

4 comments:

  1. HAHA you do look like the guy from school of rock, kinda! And he is also a substitute teacher!
    Ron Stoppable is Kim Possible's goofy sidekick who loves burritto's and has a naked mole as a pet who also helps them out sometimes. From what I remember he was kinda dumb and not very helpful. He's kinda like xander from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
    There was a lot of Kim Possible saying "roooon" in an exasperated tone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pronounced "Shnay-Blay." Great movie, but you can't take over a class at a private school as a fake substitute teacher and not get caught -- It's impossible. I really wanted him to tear up the battle of the bands with the kids, but I always felt like something bad was about to happen/the situation was going to blow up in his face. And yes, Sarah Silverman comes in at 100% bitch in that movie.

    Aren't all moles naked?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Danielle: Yeah, I think the fact that his job is also substitute teaching also makes them draw that conclusion more often than not. At least he's not a dick in that movie.

    hm, I'm not sure if I care for this Ron Stoppable guy, because if I am one thing, it is classy. I am always helpful. And Xander, plz, I am not teh gay, so I've seen like one episode of Buffy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Simon: Oddly enough, becoming a substitute teacher isn't THAT hard in most states anyway. In Rhode Island, you don't even need a teaching degree, just a bachelor's in any subject. And it's worse at the private schools, IIRC; they can hire actual teachers who don't have teaching degrees.

    Sarah Silverman is 75 percent hot, so it's always a balancing act with her.

    ReplyDelete

Try not to be too much of an ass, unless completely necessary. You are subject to tyrannical moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails