Sunday, December 6, 2009

Pickin' Pigskin with Kristin: Week 13, Part 2

Note: All of the below is from Kristin.

Hey, sorry if I messed up / missed the Thursday night game. I did pick the Jets, I don't know if you got it. I'm not even sure if they won, but I told Bob to e-mail in my pick while I was making him Shakin' Bake for dinner. He asked for my thoughts on the game, and I said Shakin' Bake was more worthy of my attentions.

Denver over KANSAS CITY (4.5)

Kristin: Denver

I originally wrote Kansas City, then I reconsidered and erased it. Denver is one of those teams that seemed to get better and better as the season began and to really be worth worrying about. Then, they stalled out and took a nose dive, leaving everyone saying they must have never been very good. Now they seem to be coming back again, and I don't know if we're in for a repeat performance of the good or awful version of Denver.

PITTSBURGH over Oakland (14)

Kristin: Oakland

The Steelers score enough to win, but they don't always score enough to cover. I'm less sure about this pick since they are at home, but screw the Steelers.

JACKSONVILLE over Houston (PICK)

Kristin: Jacksonville

Since this is just a pick, I figure go with the home team. Plus, Houston is in the dog house for losing to Indy last week.

INDIANAPOLIS over Tennessee (6.5)

Kristin: Tennessee

"What! Tennessee??!," you must be thinking. I wrote a long pasta-themed rant earlier this season about how Tennessee will trick you into thinking they have a shot before painfully reminding you that they don't. However, I am picking Tennessee in this situation for 2 main reasons.

1) No matter how bad Tennessee is, they always seems to play Indy well (a.k.a. as the Blue Jays are to the Red Sox). 2) Again, I can't face the thought of cheering for Indy in another situation where this might be the game that keeps them from a perfect season.

I can come to terms with Tom Brady having two different baby mommas and Payton Manning still happily married to his high school sweetheart, even though it pains me, and I wish their relationships were reversed. You don't marry working models T. Brady, when her beauty fades so will your relationship (grumble). But, what I can't accept is the idea of both QB achieving the status of having a 16-game perfect season. If this occurs then that Yankee lovin' Victoria's Secret has gots ta go!

Philadelphia over ATLANTA (5.5)

Kristin: Atlanta

Again, I originally wrote Philly. Then, after remembering how Philly played such a tight game against the Red Skins last week, I reconsidered.

CINCINATTI over Detroit (13)

Kristin: Cincinnati

Go Cinci!

New Orleans over WASHINGTON (9.5)

Kristin: New Orleans

As much as I love Washington, and I do believe they have a strong defense and they do rise up to be only a little worse than their opponent (while they keep losing, its usually only by 1 score), if New Orleans can run up a bunch of points against the Pats how can they not do the same against Washington, who can barely score.

CAROLINA over Tampa Bay (6.5)

Kristin: Tampa Bay

Just because I feel like it.

CHICAGO over St. Louis (9)

Kristin: St. Louis

Here is a game Chicago can finally win, but by 9? Please.

San Diego over CLEVELAND (13)

Kristin: San Diego

San Diego hasn't really been playing worth hating this season, but Boo Hiss anyways.

SEATTLE over San Francisco (PICK)

Kristin: Seattle

Ooh, two picks in one week, interesting. I would like to say San Fran, but I already promised to stop picking them since they never asserted themselves as a promising underdog worthy of my attentions. I'm going again with the home team.

Minnesota over ARIZONA (4)

Kristin: Minnesota

No contest.

Dallas over NY GIANTS (2)

Kristin: Dallas

How differently I would have picked this game at the beginning of the season.

Editor's note from Bob: I would like to point out that Kristin did in fact pick the Cowboys when they played the Giants earlier this season.

New England over MIAMI (5.5)

Kristin: New England

We always have tight games against Miami in December - especially when Miami is at home. However, the only time we blew a lead to lose to Miami when they were at home in December I have already accepted blame for, so please let us move on. This was back when Bob and his brothers HAD to eat Chips Ahoy cookies in the second-half of each and every game for good luck.

They had just returned from celebrating the holidays with their Aunt and Uncle, and every year, their Aunt sends each boy home with a giant Tupperware container full of amazing homemade Christmas cookies. We had spent the night laying on the couch watching the game, stuffing our faces with Christmas cookies. Then the boys started to fall asleep, and I said it was silly to eat lame-o store bought cookies after all those homemade cookies just for luck - yup, I was wrong.

GREEN BAY over Baltimore (3)

Kristin: Baltimore

I feel like I want to pick Baltimore any time I can now that I saw the ESPN 30 on 30 about poor fat old men crying that their Baltimore Colts fled in the night. Apparently, HBO has an even sadder show where a fire fighter that got crushed and wasn't predicted to last the night by a random bus after surviving 9/11 goes on to repeat his Iron Man status. I learned this while discussing movies / TV that have made us cry at work. Some of my most memorable cries include: The Notebook (which Bob banned from my life), game three against the Yankees in 2004, the entire 45-minute bombing sequence of Pearl Harbor (not the romance part), and the vast majority of the second Lord of the Rings movie.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try not to be too much of an ass, unless completely necessary. You are subject to tyrannical moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails