Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pickin' Pigskin: Week 3 (and a probing look at Crystal Light)

First things first, the records from last week, with overall in parenths...

Bob: 7-8 (14-15)
Steve: 6-9 (13-16)
Matt: 6-9 (12-17)
Kristin: 5-10 (14-15)

Unsurprisingly, Bob and Kristin are once again vying for the league title, with me slightly behind. Even Kristin's really bad week couldn't knock her down into second (or worse) place. Meanwhile, Matt is bringing up the rear of the standings, proving that experience matters. (Well, at least so far.) On to the picks for this week!

-----

Steve: Hey folks - Man, how about that NFL? I have no idea what's going on, week-to-week. I feel like this used to be a lot easier to keep track of, and now, I'm suffering from information overload with how much god damn coverage the league gets. I like the good ole days, when I didn't get injury updates every single hour after a game.

So let me instead talk about a better subject: Crystal Light. My roommate drinks it, and because of this, I have now been converted. Did you know it has like 5 calories a glass??? How does that even WORK? It's crazy stuff, man. I drink it constantly now, along with water and diet soda. (I like to stay well-hydrated.)

None of their flavor combinations make any god damn sense though - I'm drinking cranberry apple, and it tastes like neither. The same thing goes with the strawberry banana orange. How the eff do you decide on those three flavors to combine? Hey Crystal Light, how about you just make strawberry banana like every other company on the face of the Earth and call it a day? Thankfully though, their raspberry green tea is airy and delicious.

Oh yeah - I probably picked all favorites this week. I don't trust any of these teams yet, since they've all played so few games. I will say that my only "upset" is probably Falcons over Saints. The Falcons have looked really sharp this year, and also, I need Matt Ryan to get into a shootout Sunday, so I'm not picking against them.

-----

Matt: Crystal Light is pretty delicious, though I will say that I don't use any of their weird flavor combos. We just simply purchase lemonade and raspberry lemonade individual packets in bulk from Costco, which provides unending servings of quasi-lemonade at a low calorie level.

-----

Bob: I have nothing to say about your artificially sweetened “beverage,” since I tend to avoid “diet” drinks. Not because I don’t like the taste—I don’t mind it—but instead I’m convinced it is just as bad for you as regular drinks (studies have shown a correlation between diet soda consumption and obesity, and I have anecdotally found that I lose more weight if I don’t drink it).

Although I have found that Crystal Light is a far better beverage for consumption than alcohol before driving at 5 a.m. I wonder if Braylon Edwards can manage to not drink and drive for a certain period, he can get his punishment reduced like Ben Roethlisberger. Good job not (allegedly) date raping any girls for several months! Chop two games off of that man’s suspension!

-----

Kristin: No commentary. I’m tired.

Well then, without further adieu, the picks:







































































































SteveBobKristinMatt
TEN at NYG (-3)NYGTENNYGTEN
BUF at NE (-14.5)NEBUFBUFNE
CLE at BAL (-10.5)BALBALBALBAL
PIT (-2.5) at TBPITPITTBPIT
CIN (-3) at CARCINCINCINCIN
ATL at NO (-3)ATLATLNONO
SF (-3) at KCKCSFKCKC
DET at MIN (-11.5)MINDETDETMIN
DAL at HOU (-2.5)DALHOUHOUDAL
WAS (-4) at STLWASWASWASWAS
PHL (-3) at JAXPHIPHIJAXPHI
IND (-5.5) at DENINDINDINDIND
SD (-4.5) at SEASEASDSDSD
OAK at ARI (-4.5)ARIOAKARIARI
NYJ at MIA (-2.5)MIAMIAMIANYJ
GB (-3) at CHIGBCHIGBGB

2 comments:

  1. Hey you Crystal Light crack addict. They now have a natural version of the stuff that is low calorie and free from all those nasty chemicals. The flavors seem a bit more normal too - like grape or lemon lime. Ummm, yummy!
    xo The Empress

    http://rantersbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ The Empress - I believe I saw that in the store, but unfortunately, it cost more :/ Maybe I was mistaken though. I'm not opposed to chemicals in my stuff anyway. People say "all natural!" like that's a good thing, when really, cow manure and dirt are "all natural" products.

    ReplyDelete

Try not to be too much of an ass, unless completely necessary. You are subject to tyrannical moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails