Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Buy My Crap - Bakugan for the Wii and The Book of Basketball by Bill Simmons

In an effort to shill more of the crap on eBay that I don't really need any more, I offer two things to you today: Bakugan for the Wii and The Book of Basketball by Bill Simmons.

- Let's start with the video game. Bakugan is a kind of Pokemon-like game that relies on you collecting and powering up cards. These cards allow you to throw a ball on to a playing area, with the goal to land two balls on an area to win that card, or to battle an opposing player for the card.

It's nothing groundbreaking, but if you have kids, they'll probably enjoy it. It is definitely aimed at kids from ages 8 to 15, as it has a very "Saturday morning anime cartoon" feel to it. You can find my eBay auction for it here. I'm also doing a review of it for Blast, and I'll link to that when it's done.

- On the contrary, I imagine quite a few people reading this are familiar with The Book of Basketball, the latest book from Bill Simmons. Some people love him and others hate him, but this entire book is basically about Simmons obsession with basketball, and especially NBA basketball. Given his encyclopedic knowledge on the subject, I think it reads a bit better than his day-to-day column work.

All that being said, I imagine I'll have a full review at some point in the future on this blog. You can find the eBay link here.

And as usual, if any of you buy my crap, let me know and I'll package some free crap in there for you. Crap, crap and crap, fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try not to be too much of an ass, unless completely necessary. You are subject to tyrannical moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails