Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pickin' Pigskin: Standings and Week 11, Part 1

CAROLINA over Miami (3)

Steve: Miami +3

You know, I don't really care that Ronnie Brown is on injured reserve, even though it potentially ruins my entire fantasy season. (Seriously, if there is a God of fantasy football, he friggin' hates me. This is the best season I've had, with an outside chance at winning the playoffs, and my only consistent running back gets placed on IR late in the season, after the trading deadline, and after all the decent players have been processed on waivers. Screw you, Fantasy Football God.)

... anyway. I think people are riding too high on the Panthers recent decent play, and I think Evil Jake Delhomme has been waiting in the wings, waiting for everyone to get confidence in Good Jake Delhomme again, and will now viciously rape and strike and rape the unsuspecting populace. Also, maybe Good Chad Henne will escape from whatever prison he's in, and maybe that guy from West Virginia won't suck this week.

Bob: Carolina -3

What was already a forgettable year is about to get worse for the Dolphins. Losing Ronnie Brown was incredibly bad for the Dolphins, since he was taking a decent number of snaps in the Wildcat. This is effectively blowing up the Dolphins' primary offensive wrinkle. Having Ronnie Brown go down might be the equivalent of losing your starting quarterback for the rest of the season. Chad Henne has had flashes of greatness, but Carolina's real weakness is the run and I'm not sure if Ricky Williams and his vegan diet are going to be able to a) handle the Wildcat or b) grind out the yards necessary to win this game.

I agree, though, that Bad Delhomme is just waiting to come out sometime soon. What is an apt comparison to waiting for the inevitable but unpredictable return of Bad Delhomme? Is it watching the latest Britney Spears comeback and knowing that at some point she's going to end up flashing her crotch or holding her kid outside a car window? Waiting for Pat Robertson or Lou Dobbs to say something incredibly racist and nobody really care? You know it's coming, but you just can't predict when. On a smaller scale, I guess the comparison is waiting for your dog to rip into the trash or have an accident inside the house. I hope John Fox keeps a spray bottle on the sideline.

Kristin didn't have any commentary for tonight's game, but she did pick Miami.

----------


On to the weekly and yearly standings:

Bob: 7-8 (74-69 overall, first)
Steve: 7-8 (70-73 overall, third)
Kristin: 6-9 (71-72 overall, second)

Kristin continues to slide a bit here, as I'm now only a game behind her for second place. Woohoo, go me! Bob still holds first place over both of us though, by three and four games respectively. Him and I only picked two games differently this past week, and of course, we split them. Sigh.

As far as Fantasy Football goes, my team finally won this week on the strong Sunday night performance of Brady, Watson and Reggie Wayne. Of course, the news this week has been absolutely horrid, as Ronnie Brown is on injured reserve and Dwayne Bowe got a four-day suspension for testing positive for a banned supplement. There goes my #1 running back and #2 wideout! I should still make the playoffs anyway, being 7-3 and in a tie for first in my division, and third overall. But unless some guys already on my roster play completely over their heads, it'll be hard to get a first round bye.

The picture of, uh, picks, is from here. A hot picture of Britney Spears was surprisingly hard to find, but it was on this site for generic computer wallpapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try not to be too much of an ass, unless completely necessary. You are subject to tyrannical moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails