Monday, November 2, 2009

Stats, stats and stats - October 2009

You can find August's stats here, and September's here, by the way. If I get more motivated, I might eventually make some graphs and charts with these numbers. Anyway, on to this month's numbers:

Total number of visits – 483 (down by 60)
Total number of pageviews – 730 937 (down by 207)
Average time on site – 1:32 (down 24 seconds)
Percentage of new visitors – 50.31% (up about 7.52%)
Most popular days – Thursday, Oct. 22 (35 visits) and Wednesday, Oct. 21 (28)
Least popular days – Wednesday, Oct. 7 (4 visits)
Top Five referrers – Direct Link (20.91%), Blogger (16.56%), Twitter (12.01%), Google Images (10.77%) and Google (10.56%)
Top Five states – Rhode Island (111 visits), Massachusetts (82), Virginia (35), California (28) and Minnesota (21)
Unpopular states – Nobody visited from Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Delaware, South Carolina and Maine.
Top Five cities – Ft. Myer, VA; Medfield, MA; Brighton, MA; Minneapolis, MN; Somerville, MA
Ad revenue – $1.08, up $0.21
Alltime Ad Revenue - $4.15

Looking at the numbers a bit, October was a bit of a down month for me. I wasn't able to write as much as I would have liked to, and what posts I did do, I felt like I was pressing with a lot of them. Unsurprisingly, the most popular days involved the Tag Team I did with Brenna McCabe, followed by some original research on the Boston Red Sox's free agency options. The Tag Team appealed to my Facebook friends, and the Red Sox post did well with Twitter friends.

So for November, my goal is to put some more effort and care into my posts, and that means focus. Normally, if I spend a bit more time on an entry and write it the night before it is due, then it is better received and more popular. It's kind of like doing a report for school... sigh. I can't escape it even though I graduated two years ago!

The picture comes from this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try not to be too much of an ass, unless completely necessary. You are subject to tyrannical moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails