Sunday, November 29, 2009

Pickin' Pigskin with Kristin: Week 12, Part 2

Miami over BUFFALO (3)

Kristin: Miami

I think that Miami is clearly the better team. However, after watching 10 minutes of the T.O. show while channel surfing, I feel pretty sad for Buffalo. In the episode, TO was welcomed to Buffalo with open arms and even given a key to the city from the Mayor. However, that key came with two conditions: 1) TO score 10 touchdowns this season and 2) Buffalo make the playoffs. I wonder if he will really return the key after this season or just leave it at the bottom of a drawer somewhere. He does however have a great smile (not as good as Randy Moss) and seems very likeable when edited onto his own TV show. So I guess, I feel bad not only for the pathetically disappointed city of Buffalo but for TO himself.

Seattle over ST. LOUIS (3)

Kristin: Seattle

I thought St. Louis played surprisingly well last week, until I was reminded how stupid Detroit is by their blow-out on Thanksgiving. It is a shame because the Detroit uniforms are really pretty.

PHILADELPHIA over Washington (9)

Kristin: Washington

Last week, Washington's defense looked great (until minute 56 they looked really great). While they may not be able to score, if they can keep Philly from scoring, then they will still beat the spread. Also, they can't lose heartbreakingly at the very end of the game if they are losing by more than 9.

Oh and for fun - this is the Washington joke I was told at work this week: The Redskins adopted a team cat and are letting it live in the locker room. The team was very excited to learn that cat can do tricks. For example, when the team scores a field goal the cat will jump about and give all of the players high-fives. It's really amazing, and the fans love it. So, what does that cat do when they score a touchdown? ... We don't know yet.

ATLANTA over Tampa Bay (12)

Kristin: Tampa Bay

I don't think that Atlanta is anything special, and Tampa Bay, while bad, can hold their own.

Indianapolis over HOUSTON (3.5)

Kristin: Houston

I am picking Houston for three reasons. 1) I am following my plan to only and always pick Houston at home. 2) Indy only beat Baltimore by 2 points and Baltimore isn't a fabulous team; my point here is that Indy is beatable and that they have been winning tight games - a.k.a. not more than a field goal. 3) If this is the only shot for Indy to lose before the end of the season, I can't bear to be rooting for them just so that my pick is right.

CINCINNATI over Cleveland (14)

Kristin: Cleveland

Boo hiss, I am annoyed at Cincy for not winning last week. In revenge, I am not picking them even though I still think they will win - just not by that much.

NY JETS over Carolina (3)

Kristin: NY Jets

Common people, the Jets are way better than Carolina, and they are at home.

SAN FRANCISCO over Jacksonville (3)

Kristin: San Francisco

I really think that either team could win this game, so I am choosing the team that is more fun to cheer for - you get to sing the Rice-aroni song.

SAN DIEGO over Kansas City (13.5)

Kristin: Kansas City

San Diego really isn't that great. I don't think they deserve a spread this big.

MINNESOTA over Chicago (11)

Kristin: Minnesota

Hello ass platter, meet the Vikings.

TENNESSEE over Arizona (3)

Kristin: Arizona

Tennessee doesn't know how to win games.

NEW ORLEANS over New England (1.5)

Kristin: New England

I have been rooting for the Saints all season, but I'll oviously put that on hold for the Pats game. People keep saying the Saints are winning by playing cupcake teams, which I am willing to believe as they beat the Giants on the eve of their collapse and otherwise have been playing softy teams. I hope that this is all true so that the Pats win, but I also think that even if the Saints are as good as their record looks the Pats can still take them. Especially once we start healing from all these injuries and get our depth back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try not to be too much of an ass, unless completely necessary. You are subject to tyrannical moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails