Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Expression That I Don't Get: Stranger than fiction

Not even you, Will.

See the above topic title. Really, what could ever truly be stranger than fiction? After all, fiction has one important thing going for it - dragons.

Dragons are very strange. They are huge beasts, like as big as dinosaurs, but they can spit fire and crush things, and they normally have to have their hearts cut out by heroic heroes to die. To me, nothing would be as strange as seeing a dragon in real life, and dragons are fiction, so therefore, nothing can be stranger as fiction.

(p.s. Komodo dragons, you bitches know you're fake, so don't pretend like you're real dragons. If I change my name to Steve Dragon tomorrow, I suddenly won't be able to fly, so you aren't confusing anyone, you scaly beasts.)

In fact, staying on the topic of dragons somewhat, all of The Lord of the Rings is stranger than reality. I mean, in that series you have rings that can enslave entire populations and grant tremendous power. Any man will tell you that a wedding ring does everything but increase power. (Hi-oh! I almost earned a Women's Studies minor, so I'm allowed to say that.) Also, I question the efficiency of the hobbits.

So, next time you want to say "stranger than fiction", please think of dragons and The Lord of the Rings, and don't. Thanks!

(p.p.s. Yes, the title is totally a Mighty Mighty Bosstones reference.)

The picture of Will comes from this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try not to be too much of an ass, unless completely necessary. You are subject to tyrannical moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails