Sunday, November 22, 2009

Pickin' pigskin with Kristin: Week 11, Part 2

DETROIT over Cleveland (3.5)

Kristin: Detroit

As I think about this game, all I can wonder is - What fans are actually going to show up? I mean, do any Browns fans think the team is worth traveling for and does Detroit have any fans left? Further, from what 8 Mile has taught me about Detroit, they are too busy having sex standing-up in public places to be distracted from their guns and old cars to attend a sporting event. Additionally, what nice young family is going to wade through this sea of sex, guns, and falling apart cars to make it to the stadium? What college-aged guy that couldn't afford college or beer-bellied man that couldn't afford his house can afford to waste their money on tickets to such a match up? Hmmm?

JACKSONVILLE over Buffalo (9)

Kristin: Buffalo

I really don't think that Jacksonville is 9 points better than Buffalo. Possibly this is because I really don't think much of Jacksonville period, and I am extremely frustrated that I can't even really make fun of them - because I honestly can't keep them straight from Carolina. Who thought it was cool to add two cat-themed expansion teams? A crazy old cat lady? I find these two team names as confusing as a crazy old cat lady finds social interactions, the urge to save newspapers, and male anatomy.

Pittsburgh over KANSAS CITY (10)

Kristin: Kansas City

Pittsburgh has been unreliable to cover most of this season, while this is a smaller spread I just don't feel like picking them.

Indianapolis over BALTIMORE (1)

Kristin: Indianapolis

Frankly, I don't want to think about the Colts at all, or the refs they have bought off, or the clocks they have tampered with, or any of it. I am just thankful that per my request Bob did not actually break any of our furniture or walls last week.

NY GIANTS over Atlanta (6.5)

Kristin: NY Giants

I can't believe the Giants have fallen so far that they would play competitively against Atlanta - but then again, how the mighty have fallen this season (I'm talking to you Denver).

GREEN BAY over San Francisco (6.5)

Kristin: Green Bay

I have to go with Green Bay primarily because they are at home.

MINNESOTA over Seattle (11)

Kristin: Minnesota

Do you ever wonder where all the negative energy people have been sending at Brett Favre this season is going? It's certainly not reaching him and covering him with the plague or acting his age or anything like its desired effect. But, all that negative energy must be going somewhere - like maybe it explains the worsening in Afghanistan, or explains why it was raining so so hard on my drive home from work earlier this week that people needed to pull over to the side of the road, or explains why Bob hates when I wear the color teal - which makes me want to cry.

DALLAS over Washington (11)

Kristin: Washington

After last week, how can I not fall into the trap they have set and pick the Skins again? Woot! However, I would like to lodge a formal complain that this game of all games, this rivalry of all classic football rivalries, is NOT being played on Thanksgiving DAY and hasn't been in recent years. This SHOULD be the Thanksgiving game. The 4 p.m. watch during dinner or directly after dinner in your happy food coma game. Everyone knows it. It's like not having mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving. Let's start a petition.

New Orleans over TAMPA BAY (11.5)

Kristin: New Orleans

Go Saints!

Arizona over ST. LOUIS (9)

Kristin: Arizona

I usually don't pick Arizona because I don't think much of them. But, right now I am longing for some AMAZING Pina Colada chapstick that I got from Phoenix. Not sticky, good smelling but not overpowering, with just a hint of tint.

NEW ENGLAND over NY Jets (10.5)

Kristin: New England

I could really go for a punisher game. Bonus points for making QB Hepatitis cry.

Cincinnati over OAKLAND (9.5)

Kristin: Cincinnati

In keeping with my Cinci = I want a pet Bulldog theme: Bob insists that it is the right time to buy a condo instead of continuing to rent. It is difficult to find a place in Arlington that we can afford that isn't in either a subpar location or in a giant apartment building or full of junky old appliances, old carpet, and super tiny. I think hardwood floors and a nice yard area, even if it;s just a courtyard, would be best for Ocho. However, maybe ugly carpet would be okay, since we could save up to replace it once he was potty trained.

San Diego over DENVER (3)

Kristin: San Diego

Is whoever got hurt for Denver still hurt? I should look that up before making this pick.

Philadelphia over CHICAGO (3)

Kristin: Philadelphia

Yikes. I'm surprised that Chi is only back by 3 considering how frequently they have been served their own ass on a platter this season. If you had one, I wonder where you would store your ass platter. Hopefully, not in the kitchen mixed in with the other platters. Like how we used to keep the spoon we used to scoop out wet cat food mixed in the other spoons and had to stop guests from using it- because while clean, you just don't want to be eating with the cat food spoon.

HOUSTON over Tennessee (4.5)

Kristin: Houston

Only and always take Houston at home, and never think too hard about Tennessee - or you will start to believe they might win.

The bag photo is from here.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well on the bright side this means your blog is big enough to be getting targetted by spammers...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unfortunately, he's just a troll from a message board I moderate. I'm not popular enough yet for real trolls ;_;

    ReplyDelete

Try not to be too much of an ass, unless completely necessary. You are subject to tyrannical moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails